We don't advertise on each individual website but instead offer the opportunity to advertise banner ads on our whole website group from one place.. \r\n\r\nThe easiest way ...
We don't advertise on each individual website but instead offer the opportunity to advertise banner ads on our whole website group from one place.
The easiest way to explain the operation of The SA Internet Advertising Server is with a breakdown of the different components.
The goal of the adserver is to control and serve ALL banner and some other ads on ALL the websites in our whole group. At this moment there are almost 200+ websites including the news and town portal groups.
Ad Placeholders (Ad Zones)
With thousands and thousands of web pages it is impossible to change all ads manually so during website development we created Ad Zones on the pages with special codes so that the Ad Server can display the right ad size at the right place. (For example "A 120x60 banner comes here", "A 250x250 banner comes here" etc)
Serving of Ads
During page load time the webpage fetch the appropriate size ads from the adserver according set criteria and replace the spaceholder with the appropriate banner ads.
The system place all active and paid-for ads into a pool and then serve this ads according a specific formula to ensure that all ads in a particular zone are displayed as evenly as possible.
1) Create an Advertiser Account
2) Add funds to the account
3) Create or change any ads you want.
1) Check for paid invoices
2) Approve the funds into Advertiser Account
1) Check for available funds
2) Deduct funds and place ads into pool if funds are available
3) Display the ads
* You can add or change ads at ANY time you want
* The system deduct the fees on a daily base
* With above in mind you can change, add or delete ads at any time but it's better to make an ad inactive (pause it) and only delete it the next day so that you don't loose the money already deducted for an ad on that specific day.
Effectiveness Of Banner Ads
Even if we say so ourselves banner ads is not really a very effective method to promote any product or service (It's a worldwide fact) and we recommend that you make full use of our many other advertising options such as articles, business listings etc, unless
1) You use if for Name Branding. (i.e. enough different banners with a prominent display of your company name,
2) You are able to create a banner ad that DRAW attention and gives the reader all the info they need,
3) It's a goal specific or special designed ad such as the featured listings that appear as part of the relevant content.